Thursday, December 6, 2007

Christmas Questionaire

My friend Kelly blogged this "meme". I'm not sure why they're called memes - but I digress. You can see her site at http://www.kellyinnc.blogsome.com/.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love to wrap presents(and I'm pretty particular about it, too, Kelly)! But I have to admit I have loved using bags for those awkward gifts that are difficult to wrap. So, mostly I wrap but use bags when necessary.

2. Real tree or artificial? Growing up my mom and I always had artificial trees. After we first got married we went and cut our own tree every year. I loved doing that. It was so much fun - well, going to the tree farm and picking out the tree and cutting the tree down was fun. Trying to get it in the stand and get it straight were another story. Oh, and the year the tree fell three times - yep, that's when we bought a fake tree on sale after Christmas. But I have to say I love my tree. It's prelit - score! - and it's really pretty. And it doesn't cause Holiday heartburn between me and my hubby!

3. When do you put up the tree? We used to do it the weekend of Thanksgiving. Now it gets put up whenever we can find a few hours to work on it. (Note to self - put the tree up soon)

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually before Dakota's birthday, which is January 5th.

5. Do you like eggnog? NO!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably anything that had to do with Barbies.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, A small one given to me by Jeremiah for Christmas a few years ago.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Jeremiah - without fail he'll decide to go purchase something for himself a week or so before Christmas because he's decided he needs it and it can't wait another 7 days. And it's usually something I've already bought or something I had my eye on.

9. Easiest person to buy for? There are no "easy" people on my list.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? The year I asked for a yellow bean bag. I was in Kentucky with my dad for Christmas and I unwrapped a box to find a bag of lima beans that had been painted yellow. I must admit I didn't think it was very funny. In his defense, when I went upstairs a few minutes later, there was my real yellow bean bag! So, it turned out to not be a bad present after all.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Well, that depends. This year may be email because it will be a Christmas miracle if I get my act together to do cards!

12. Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Sometimes in the middle of the year. If I see something for someone I usually grab it. This year my first presents were bought in October.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I can't think of specifically what it would be - but I wouldn't put it past myself.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? No favorite Christmas food.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Only white - and they CAN NOT blink per Jeremiah

17. Favorite Christmas song? Mary Did You Know?

18. Travel for Christmas or stay at home? We're usually home Christmas morning to open presents. We may go elsewhere later in the day

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? yes

20. Angel on the tree top or star? We've had an angel for years but she's beginning to look a little under the weather so I treated myself to a pretty new star for this year.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We open Christmas Eve when we get together with Papa and Nana. But all the rest are reserved for Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Scroogey people

23. What I love most about Christmas? Giving! I love to give. And reflecting on the true Christmas story and trying to find something in the story that I hadn't noticed before. Our Pastor, Billy, got me started on this one.

Hope everyone enjoys this wonderful holiday season! Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Kelly in NC said...

I like the story about the bean bag. I bet your dad got a good laugh out of it! I chuckled! Anyhow, thanks for the mention of my blog. I love to have new readers...escpecially those that comment!

The Todds said...

I loved your answer to number 2! I am having a slow blogging week, so I will post this on mine, too.

Join me in my quest to: