Thursday, December 27, 2007

Back in Business

My dear, sweet, wonderful husband bought me a new camera for Christmas! I would call him all those nice things even if he hadn't - but I'm SO glad he did! Truth is he probably just got tired of me whining about the FILM I had to use and listening to my noisy 35mm camera when taking all the pictures I take. No matter - I'm a happy camper!


We had a great time Christmas morning. This was probably the most inexpensive Christmas we've ever had, yet there were more presents under the tree than ever! That was fun! I love getting great deals and getting things that are meaningful rather than just buying stuff because "that's what everybody else is getting." And if I have to admit it - some of my great deals came from getting up at 3:00 in the morning to go shopping with Suzette and the Sandras and Felicia the day after Thanksgiving. That was very painful to admit!


I haven't been able to determine what Ladybug's favorite gift was this year - partly because she's been out and about since Christmas night with Ms. Maude and now at Mimi's - and partly because she's carried everything she possibly can with her or on her since she opened it. She got a cute little 4-H purse and she's crammed everything she can in there or has tried to wear everything she got for the past 2 days. It's really quite hilarious.


This morning she decided to try out the new razor. YES - I decided to let her shave her legs. It was quite a moment we shared in the bathroom this morning. She wouldn't let me take a picture, though - but I wanted to REALLY badly. I must admit I think it was time - and it was no easy task. She had more hair on her legs than I realized! But she accomplished the task quite well and didn't even nick herself - which is more than I can say for myself when I started shaving. So, that heart wrenching task has come to an end and I survived it. But I'm still holding on to the next 9 days with all I've got - for after that we will be in the presence of a teenager!


Tater Tot, too, has several faves from the gifts this year. He, too, has tried to horde everything on his being as much as possible. However, hands down, I think his all time favorite is his guitar. He has walked around with that things strapped to him for 2 days now strumming away. Yesterday he wanted to go to Walmart and get a guitar book so he can learn some new chords (His cousin, Efren, taught him two Christmas day) and then go to the park and play his guitar at the park. So, he and I went to Walmart and bought the book and headed to the park. I really wish I had taken my video camera instead of just the still camera.


He would play for a little bit on the playground and then get the guitar and play it a little while. Then he decided to walk around the playground and play. At one point a little girl who was probably about 20 months old started dancing to his "music" and trying to follow him around.


Next thing I know he's gotten up on the playground equipment playing his guitar and the kids start to flock around him. It was the funniest thing. He was living the dream - and he even had groupies! (I didn't get pictures of the groupies because my camera told me I had exhausted the batteries) I overheard a man there say to his wife "Man, I wish that I'd had a guitar on the playground when I was a little." So, after a little while his groupies started getting a little too close for Tater Tot's liking and I decided it was time to head home. On the way to the car he tells me, "Mama, somebody touched my guitar right here and I didn't want them to." and he starts buffing the guitar with his shirt like they had possibly just ruined his $20 guitar with their grubby little playground hands.

I'm picking up the pix today that I blogged about the other night - so I'll get them posted soon, too. And hopefully I'll be more diligent in my blogging in the days to come.

1 comment:

Kelly in NC said...

Ok, that story aboput the guitar is too funny. Too bad you didn't have a video camera. Does your new digital camera have a video function?

Join me in my quest to: