I have a bookworm! I'm so excited. I LOVE to read, so imagine my dismay at the fact that Dakota does not. It really makes me sad that she does not enjoy my love of books (I haven't given up on her. One day I just know she'll find a book that "hooks" her and she'll understand why I love it so much) However - Drake seems to be my bookworm right now.
He came to me this afternoon and asked if it could be quiet time because he wanted to go read his book! (Quiet time defined: a time we set aside almost daily to be to ourselves for about an hour and do a quiet activity away from everyone else in the house. No one can be in the same room during this time. This is almost a "must" at our house for everyone's survival during the summer. Did I mention this is usually met with resistence from everyone except mom?)
So, anyway - when I went to put away some clothes in Drake's room - this is the view that caught my attention out his window. Drake - in the swing - READING! My heart soared! I have one that loves to read!
P.S - He would want me to tell you that it's a Second grade level book - He's very impressed with himself. He keeps saying, "Mama, I didn't know I could read a 2nd grade book."

5 comments:
Very cool! Books and goats, he has a variety of interests :)
Did you know that my mom used to threaten to take my books away if I didn't clean my room, take out the trash, or some other chore. I love to read...and hope that Grayson will too. Congrats Drake of your 2nd grade book! That's awesome!
Second Grade Book? How awesome is that? Way to go Drake. (Congratulations Mom!)
That is so cool! 2nd grade level..whoo-hoo! Good job.
What a priceless picture! We are so proud of you Drake!
Post a Comment