Monday, June 18, 2007

Court Reporter Getaway



Some of the girls from the office (Shannon, Bridget, Joy and myself) went to the Florida Court Reporter's Association Mid-Year Conference this past weekend. The conference was held in beautiful Marco Island.We had a blast!

Four women (one 7 1/2 months pregnant) in one room with one bathroom - one would think we had a huge problem??? No problems at all. In just 2 1/2 shorts days we had our own little routine down.

The conference was - well - a conference. Some good, some bad - definitely too much being inside when we're at the beach! We managed to spend a few hours enjoying ourselves between meetings.

Saturday night we attended the President's Dinner. It was a modge-podge of attire. We chose to dress up a little as you can see in the picture.(pictured left to right: Shannon, me, Joy, Bridget)

I won a new steno machine case at a silent auction that night. And the night before at the restaurant we ate dinner at Bridget won a $25 gift certificate to be used anywhere at the resort. We had a pretty lucky weekend.

It's so wonderful to work at a company that we can go off together and forget we're co-workers. We have such a great relationship that we're more like sisters/friends than co-workers. We laugh and cry together - and we did a lot of laughing together this weekend. Come to think of it, maybe we shouldn't spend so much time together away from work - we seem to get ourselves into trouble!!!! But seriously - I thank God every day for a job and people who are such a blessing to me. I love you guys! And I had a great time this weekend. I can't wait for our next adventure.

No comments:

Join me in my quest to: