Dakota finally got her Grand Champion belt buckle and one of her plaques from the fair. She is quite proud of this belt buckle and doesn't take it off very much. In fact, one day she didn't wear it to school, but carried it in her purse just in case somebody asked her where it was! That made me laugh out loud.
We also attended the annual FFA Banquet this past week. Dakota was honored with the Outstanding 8th grader award and Nathan (my nephew - okay, so he's really our cousin but they are like nephews to me. I digress) was honored with the Outstanding 7th grader award. We were so proud and excited for them. They have both worked very hard this year and this was a great reward for all their hard work. Congratulations to both of you!
And last, but certainly not least - Dakota scored a 4.5 (out of a possible 6) on the FCAT writes. This is the best score she's ever made on that portion of the testing. Way to go, Dakota!
AND Drake got his Stanford 10 scores back this week. It's sort of like FCAT for K-2nd grades. And for those of you that are not familiar with FCAT, it is Florida's Comprehensive Assessment Testing - and that's all I'm going to say about it right now. (Insert sarcastic smile)
Anyhoo - Drake scored a 50 out of 50 in the math portion and a 27 out of 30 in the reading portion! Way to go, Drake!
He says to me, "Mama, I think this means I might pass 2nd grade."
Me: (sarcastically) "Really? I don't know."
Drake: "Yeah, if my report card is good enough I'll pass."
Me: "Well, I don't think you have anything to worry about."
Drake: "Well, I made a C on my spelling test last week and a couple of weeks ago I made a D on that science test, so I don't know if I'll still be able to pass."
Geez - cut yourself some slack, kiddo! I assured him he would go to 3rd grade - especially since he's made all A's and B's all year long! The things that go through their heads, though! It's really funny sometimes.
Thanks for indulging me in a little bragging...........


















8 comments:
Those are some great kiddoes you've got there, Tiffany! Brag away! (and gorgeous I might add!)
Drake gets that worry honestly from his old Uncle Marty. Every year, even though there was no real reason to think otherwise, I worried that they might hold me back for some reason. THEN when they did pass me, I worried that I wouldn't be able to do the new work required in the new grade. Good grief! Tell that boy (and Dakota) how much I love 'em and how proud I am of them both.
--Uncle Marty
AWESOME!!!!
Dakota is such a pretty girl and looks so proud in that first photo you posted of her here.
Great job all the way around.
That is some belt buckle.
She is a very pretty girl.
♥
Joy
And I thought I worried a lot! I think Drake and Uncle Marty have me beat hands down. Sounds like a great way to end the school year. I always knew you had outstanding kiddos :)
Belt buckle in the purse...priceless
Your kids rock! Us mamas must take the time to brag about our kiddos!!!
Mrs. Nurse Boy
Bragging about your family is the main reason I want to read your blog. Congratulations to all! That belt buckle could be a good weapon in her purse if she needed it!
Girl- You better brag! What great news for both of the them! THey must have an amazing mom!
Post a Comment