1. Both kids are still sick. Drake doing better than Dakota at this point. Both have ear infections. Dakota has upper respiratory issues and a head cold. Both are medicated and hopefully on their way to mending.
2. It's supposed to be in the 20s or less here in the morning with a high of 48. We are still in Florida, right???? I mean, seriously, I think someone is confused.
3. One of our dogs bit the UPS man yesterday. End of story. We weren't here. My father in law was and he told him that he was okay, and I hope he is. He didn't offer to show him his leg - just got in the truck and left. No calls lodging a complaint. Hope that's a good sign!
4. I have a TON of work to get done between now and next Friday and not nearly enough hours in the day to get it accomplished. Breathe. Breathe. Breathe.
THE GOOD:
1. I LOVE Publix! Did you know that they have certain F-R-E-E oral antibiotics? Oh, yes, they do. And it's true. They really are free! Zero dollars. Pharmacy lady to me: "This is one of our free antibiotics. Have a nice day."
Oh, yes, ma'am, I will! Run kids, before they change their minds!
2. I'm hearting Wal-Mart today, too, only because they have $4 prescriptions!
3. And I'm hearting our pediatrician (always feeling the love there) because she only charged me half the regular fee both days we went and she made sure to write above said prescriptions so that they would be free or $4! Gotta love that. Plus, she loaded me up on prescription cold medicine samples for both kids so I wouldn't have to fill those! For those of us without health insurance coverage, that is the biggest blessing in the entire universe!
4. And while we're on the topic of good things being FREE - I got a new cell phone. Mine is quite archaic. I've had it for YEARS. It's even lasted through being given to the kids as a play phone (while I had another phone that was given to me that eventually died) and then being salvaged from the recesses of a toy box to be revived as my phone because I was too cheap to buy a new one. But, by golly, the thing still worked and served it's purpose.
However, when I received an email from our service provider saying I could get a brand new phone for FREE - I jumped on it! My motto for a long time has been, "If it's free, it's for me," so it was only fitting! I didn't even have to pay shipping - and they next day aired it to me (which is when the UPS man got bit!)
AND to make the deal even sweeter - the cell provider is going to give me a $50 credit for sending my old phone in. What? Did I mention that it's archaic - old as the hills - older than dirt? Oh, and I only paid .99 for it when I bought it many moons ago through a very similar offer as the current one. Whatever! I don't argue with insanity - I just take advantage of it! Please, Sprint, do not read my blog and change your mind!
On to the UGLY:

Okay, I got nothing! The only thing I could come up with was The Ugly Duckling. Great story with a great moral - but that's all I've got. Sorry.
So, we're off to the fair tomorrow with Mister Piggy. Did I mention it's going to be in the teens possibly and that Dakota is not feeling well? Oh, yeah, I did. So, she'll be staying bundled up, inside a building somewhere with some heat, so we don't end up with pneumonia, I hope. I hope she feels like showing this weekend. And if not, I hope they'll let someone else show her hog for her. I'd hate for her to put all this work into a project and not be able to see it to completion. She'll be heartbroken.
Send up some prayers and keep those fingers crossed. I'll try to post fair updates along the way.


















2 comments:
So sorry to hear about the sickos .. we are thankfully over it all for now anyway! Good luck with everything!
This sounds so yucky! There is nothing worse than two sick kids. So sorry. At least FREE antibiotics make it a little better. Hope everyone gets better soon.
Yeah on the cell phone!
Post a Comment