Friday, December 5, 2008

First Kill

My cousin Thomas made his own first kill this hunting season. He shot a huge sow all by himself! It was the day before his birthday, too! What a great birthday present for this 11 year old boy!

So, for his birthday I made him a plaque commemorating the occassion. (This picture is a little blurry, but you get the idea). (Also, the sow hanging is his and the dear is his dad's). You can read more about the hunt here.
I wasn't sure he would like it - I mean, it wasn't something really fun to play with or something cool to do. But when I gave it to him he said, "Oh, Cool!" I was happy that he liked it. He told me the next day that he went home and took down one of his other pictures on the wall and hung this one in it's place. I was honored!

2 comments:

Annikke said...

THAT is a big deal! My nephew had a picture of his first kill on the wall for a long time. He is now going off to college so I am not sure what will happen with the picture!

ArtistMom said...

It is his favorite gift! You did a fantastic job on it. Thank you so much for making it for him. I told him in a few years nobody will remember Daddy killed the deer and maybe he can take credit for it too, LOL.

Join me in my quest to: