Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My best savings yet!

This is my actual receipt from CVS this morning. Their sales/deals weren't that great this week overall - but they had a few things we use/need and I had some Extra Care Bucks (ECBs) that I didn't want to expire. So, with coupons and ECBs my grand total: $1.16! And in case you can't enlarge the photo of the receipt I had about $33 worth of stuff.

Actually, my first total was $-.53. The guy at the check out had already been kidding me about cheating by using my ECBs and my coupons. He said, "You're probably going to pay, like, six cents for all this, aren't you?" I just laughed.
Then when he rang the last ECB in and it came up with a negative balance I laughed and said, You owe me money." He then looked up at me and said, "Ummmmm, we don't give money back." So he had to call a manager to void one of my ECBs (which I'll just use next week) so that I could actually pay them something for my goods! I thought it was hillarious!

I have been pretty hot and heavy with couponing for 2 months now but this beats all the other deals I've had to date! And the best part is, it's fun. Well, it's fun to me anyways because I LOVE a good deal!






3 comments:

The Todds said...

That is so great. So are you all into the Drugstore Game? I have been reading a few blogs about it but have yet to try it. You just inspired me to try! Great job.

Leah said...

Hi, Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Congrats on your Tip Junkie win also! Too bad we don't have a CVS where I live. :)

Heather Stokes said...

WOW - What a STEAL! Great job. How can I find more info about this?

Join me in my quest to: