Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Good times


I was lucky enough to be able to spend a few hours with some old (I certainly don't mean it like that) friends of mine from our school days yesterday. There were four of us and between us we had 11 kids! We met at a local park and let the kids play. It's a smaller park, so we pretty much had it to ourselves while we were there. Ladybug was the oldest, so we let her help with the little ones some so we could visit.

I had so much fun just spending time with these great friends of mine. We've all had "life" going on and always say we're going to get together and we really try but something always gets in the way. This time we didn't let it and I was so incredibly thankful that we all were able to make it.
The kids had a great time playing on the playground and they even made some pictures that a local church will be sending to the soldiers at Christmas time.

It was a great couple of hours - and I'm hoping it's the start to many more.

4 comments:

Annikke said...

I love reconnecting with old friends -- those are fun times. I have a couple friends that we have known each other since I was 4. That is a long time. One of them lives in another state but we email daily. It is so awesome!

{amy k.} said...

I see you won a tip junkie giveaway- woo hoo for you! I'm jealous! Way to go!

Kelly in NC said...

Ok- So who did you meet up with??? Also why the switch to Aliases for the kids?

Tracy P. said...

Good for you! Every year I say, "THIS is the year I'm going to call my old college friends...", but do I ever do it? I did see one of my old school days friends last summer...she called me. Sigh.

Join me in my quest to: