Thursday, July 5, 2007

Never a dull moment..........

Conversation of the afternoon:

Drake: Do you know where my pink rubberband is?
Me: No, the last time I saw it, it was on your wrist. Sorry.
Drake: I don't know where I put it.
(Drake leaves the office and I go about my business.)
About 20 minutes later............

Drake enters my office and the following occurs:
Drake: I think I swallowed my rubberband.
Me: You what?????
Drake: I think I swallowed my rubberband (begins to cry)
Me: (trying not to laugh/panic all at the same time) Are you serious? You really think you swallowed your rubberband?
Drake: Yes. (still crying)
Me: Why would you "think" you swallowed your rubberband?
Drake: I was outside thinking about where it could be and I think I swallowed it.
Me: Well, it's going to be okay. You did the right thing by telling me.
Drake: Okay. How are we going to get it out?
Me: Well, you'll have to poop it out.
Drake: I don't have to poop.
Me: Well, not now. It may take a while. I need to know if you don't feel good, though, or if you can't breathe, okay?
Drake: Okay. Why?
Me: We would have to go to the doctor.
Drake: The hospital?
Me: Maybe - we'll have to see.
Drake leaves the room and goes to watch TV to console himself some more. I have myself a little chuckle in the privacy of my office. Then I try to call the doctor but they close early on Thursdays. I decide I really don't need to talk to the doctor - he'll be fine. I decide to blog about it instead. Yeah - I'm a great mom!

So, while Drake's been sitting in the recliner and I've been blogging, he realizes he has to pee and adds he'll try to poop, too. He reported two poops but no evidence of the rubberband yet (I again tell him I suspect it will take a while). However, while I've been here blogging he's tried going again - still no evidence. I think I'm actually going to have to tell the child to stop pooping!

I'll let everyone know how it all works out........I'm being beckoned to the bathroom.

1 comment:

The Todds said...

You have to seize the good blogging stories! You did the right thing.

Join me in my quest to: