Unfortunately, I can not post any pictures because my card reader does not want to read my memory stick. I need to get that figured out....but until I do I'll just update everyone on what's been going on.
1. The goats are home! We brought them home the first weekend in May. Drake has spent LOTS of time out there - as have the rest of us. They are so cute! Jeremiah and Drake started building them a little climbing bridge this weekend and finished it up last night. They have seemed to enjoy it already. Saturday butted Drake off the side of it last night and he hurt his bum.....but all is well. He didn't stay down long. Saturday is a little cantankerous. Drake informed me last night that he was going to rename him "Honery Cuss". I'm afraid the name may be more fitting - but we'll probably still call him Saturday.
2. Dakota was in a school talent show last Thursday night. She and 3 other students played a song together and then she performed with the 6th grade band. This was the conclusion to an after-school program she had been attending for about 2 months. All the students stayed after on Tuesdays and practiced whatever they wanted to do in the talent show. There were singers, guitar players, actors, etc. It was really a fun night..........and a lot of talented kids!!!!!
3. Drake's T-ball team ended their season as T-Ball Champion Runners Up on last Monday. They were undefeated in the regular season and made it to the Championship game in the tournaments but just couldn't hold off the other team. It was a really good game/year. We're glad it's over now, though, and we have half our life back. Ball season is quite hectic!!!!!
He's put in to play football next; however, his mother is not too thrilled with the idea. I think mom will be able to put it off for one more year, though, because I think he has to be 7 by Sept. 1 and 45 pounds - to which he does not fit either description (thank goodness!!!!) I'm not ready for football!!! Although if/when he plays, I'm sure I'll be just like Ladovic Gibson's mama who always stood up and shouted from the stands "That's my baby! That's my baby!"
4. We're gearing up for summer! We are all ready for school to be out so we can have a more relaxed schedule. I am working more at home these days and have started "scoping" for one of the reporters in my office. (Scoping is editing transcripts for the reporter who took the job.) I am enjoying it immensly. I am still reporting a couple of days a week, which gets me out of the house just enough. It's been a happy medium for us.
Jeremiah may be leaving Florida Rock this summer - so please pray for that situation. There will be lots of BIG steps of faith when/if he does.
5. For those of you who do not already know, my dad has been diagnosed with colorectal cancer. He begins radiation on Thursday (5/17). He will go Mon. through Fri. for 25 sessions of radiation and then will have surgery to remove the masses in his colon. He also has an appt. on 5/21 with the chemo doctor to find out their game plan. Please pray for him and my stepmom, Glenda. I will also be going to KY this summer to help out however I can. Things are making forward progress but there is still a lot that is up in the air. Continue to keep them in your prayers.
Hopefully I'll get the memory stick prob. fixed soon and can post some pix of all the events!
15 years ago

2 comments:
I am sorry to hear about your dad. Remember when we thought that our parents were invincible? I miss those days.
Anyhow, sounds like lots of great things are going on in your life. I enjoyed the discription about Ladovic's mom. I smiled when I read it!
Keep up the blogging! I love reading the updates!
T, I didn't know about your dad. Prayer is powerful, we will do our part, for all of you.
I loved the updates on everyone!
Post a Comment