Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Watch out!


Watch out school, there's a new Deputy in town!

Drake was chosen last week for Safety Patrol at school. He was SO excited. This is one of the "big opportunities" for the 5th graders at his school and he's been talking about it all summer. All I can say is that he's usually quite the bear to get up in the morning - but this gets him up and out of bed without complaint because he doesn't want to be late getting to his "post" for morning drop-off duty. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the "up and at 'em" attitude continues.

As a side note - Drake's PE coach is the head of the Safety Patrol program. The coach is a Seminole fan and Drake, as you can see from the picture above, is a Gator fan. They are always kidding each other and giving each other a hard time about their rival teams. When I picked Drake up Friday the coach stuck his head in the truck and said, "Listen, I know we all have to shop at thrift stores occasionally, I do it myself, but you've got to at least buy the kid some decent clothes. He can't present Safety Patrol dressed like this." Drake said he told him that morning that he was going to be fired from Safety Patrol if he didn't come to work dress appropriately. Drake thinks it's hilarious and purposely wears as many Gator items as he can. He even picked out a Gator book bag for school this year and said, "Mr. A. will love this!"

1 comment:

Tracy P. said...

SO cute! Bethany will be a patrol this year too. Fifth grade is such a super big deal! I am excited for her. Love the little banter between Drake and his teacher. Fun when they are old enough to "get it".

Join me in my quest to: