Last Friday night the kids and I met up with Clint at our high school football game. After the game we were on the field and there were probably 25 or more little kids in a circle around him getting autographs. He's cool like that - especially with the kids.
We were standing back a little bit waiting for him to finish with the other kids when Drake decides that he wants Clint's autograph, too. I had absolutely nothing for Clint to sign and told Drake we could get an autograph from him another time.
Well, Clint finished with the kids and comes over to talk to us. He and I are standing there talking when he turns and starts talking to Drake and Dakota. And the next thing I know Drake says, "Will you sign my shoe?"
"Your shoe?" Clint asks.
"Yeah, they might stink, though." Drake says holding his shoe up to him
Clint just laughs.....
.........and signs his shoe. I told you he was cool like that. Drake was SO excited! I mean, he could hardly stand it. He had an autograph - on his shoe!!!!
Clint's never forgotten this small town he's from or the people in it. And for that I applaud him.


















4 comments:
How exciting for Drake. He sounds like a great guy. Pray the next step for him will work out soon.
♥
Joy
So Funny!! Drake is so quick to think of stuff like that.. now he has an autograph that he can show off.. how smart is he??!!! ( I pray some time will pick him up!)
Oh, my Ben would be so envious! Very cool for Drake!
How awesome that the player he knows is a good role model.
:-)
I'm so sorry about him being cut, but I'm glad he was so cool about the autograph and that he comes home to visit from time to time. Especially now. I bet he needs the comfort of home a bit right now.
Post a Comment