Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Checking In

I hate that it's been so long since I last posted. Things have just been up and down with my dad and I haven't taken the time to blog. I don't want to put all his personal issues on the internet for everyone to see but I'll give a little update. We basically have had a roller coaster hospital stay since his surgery on the 18th and now we are finally home. We have Hospice here as a resource - although right now you wouldn't think he would need it. He's had mostly really good days since he came home on Friday, August 1st, and we're thankful for that. Our roller coaster ride has just begun, though, I'm sure. Please just continue your thoughts and prayers in that regards.

Hubby brought the kids up on the 26th and he returned home, by plane, on the 27th. Tater Tot LOVED the airport! He got to watch 7 planes land and 4 planes take off after we left daddy at the security checkpoint. It was so fun to watch his eyes light up every time. It never got old to him and I think if I would have let him he would have stayed for several more hours. He's decided that when he grows up, since he wants to be a mechanic (among other things) that he'll be an airplane mechanic. Sounds fun to me.

On Monday, the 28th Tater Tot had his picture taken with Dale Earnhardt, Jr's race car - and he was eat up with that, too. They happened to have the car at a dealership that we passed everyday on the way to the hospital. So, on the way home Monday we stopped by to get the picture. (Yes, that's a Mark Martin shirt he has on. Junior wasn't there to see it!)


Ladybug has found a new love while we've been here - Ale-8-1 (pronounced "A Late One" or Ale 8 for short) It's a soft drink that's bottled here in Kentucky and only sold/distributed here in Kentucky. It sort of tastes like a cross between Mountain Dew, Sprite, Gingerale, 7-up - all those "citrusy" carbonated drinks. I don't like it - but she LOVES it! She's said that all her grandparents need to buy her for Christmas is a case of Ale-8.

Hubby rejoined us here today. He and the kids will be here until Saturday and then they'll return to Florida and get ready for school to start. Wow - this summer has flown by! We haven't decided when I'll go back to Florida yet. We'll just wait and see.

No comments:

Join me in my quest to: