
The first book I finished was Breaker's reef by Terri Blackstock. It's the fourth and final book in the Cape Refuge series. This was not my favorite book, overall, of the series. I'm not sure if I just got tired of the series or if my mind just wasn't around it or what. I did enjoy the relational aspect between the characters - knowing how relationships worked out or didn't, etc. - however, the mystery aspect was just not as good to me this time.
This is still a really good book, despite that one complaint, and she's a really good author. I think I'll just take a short break from her and go back later. She's got a couple of other series I do want to read - I think I'm just in a rut. I still would recommend this series.
Next:
A Sister's Hope by Wanda Brunstetter. This is the third, and I think, final book in the Sister's of Holmes County series. I read this book in a day and a little more while sitting in the hospital. It was a quick read. This book finally tied up all the loose ends of all the trouble that had been happening to the family throughout the series. The author had written several suspects into the plot - and made each of them seem equally guilty. I did figure out whodunit - but I couldn't figure out the motive. The conclusion I had come to was totally off!
This is another really good series that I would recommend. But - make sure you read these in order.
I'm working on the New York Times Bestseller book Eat, Pray, Love - and I'm not into it at all. I'm thinking of abandoning it because I'm just not liking it. Of course, I did start trying to read it sitting at the hospital when things were rollercoastering and my mind wasn't in it. And I've been working on transcripts a lot and with the kids here haven't had a lot of opportunity to read. However, I have not once wanted to even pick up that book and on more than one occasion wished I had something else to read. Yep - I think I'll have to come back to it later.


















2 comments:
I have to comment on Eat, Pray, Love. This is a book I couldn't put down. I found myself thinking during the day I needed to ask someone if they had any news from Liz and then would remember IT"S JUST A BOOK! I love it when I get "that" into a book. I will have to agree, you probably need to be in the right frame of mind to read this one. So, don't just dismiss it out hand you might get it later.
If a book doesn't cath me by the fifth chapter and put it down. I say pick something fun to read!
Post a Comment