So while we were gone I worked diligently on "A Sister's Test" by Wanda Brunstetter. She's a Christian author whose books are set around the Amish life. Another of my favorite authors, Beverly Lewis also writes Amish-set novels. I am completely taken with both of these authors and if you have ever had even the slightest curiosity about Amish life you would love these books. I highly recommend both authors. They both even write books for kids, too. I think I've caught up with both of them now and need them to hurry up and write more books!
So, anyway, A Sister's Test......definitely a good read and I can't wait for the next in the series. A story of love, tested faith, depression, hope and happy endings. I think that probably sums it up.
Then I started God said Yes by Heather Hornback-Bland. OH MY GOODNESS! This is absolutely the best book I have ever read in my entire life! It's a biography of sorts - so one might think - boring - but much to the contrary! This woman's story is captivating. She was run over by a car her mother was driving (on accident) when she was 4 years old - and has had over 187 surgeries to date. At the time she wrote the book she was 38 and she tells her story in such a way that you absolutely do not want to put the book down. So, I started it one night after I had worked really hard all day on my trial and I needed to unwind. At 1:00 in the morning I was still reading and didn't realize what time it was. It took me 5 days to finish it - only because I was working on that stupid transcript and I couldn't read it except at night or waiting for the kids.
You will be in awe, you will laugh, you will cry, you will put the book down a changed person. Again, truly the best book I have ever read. Truly an inspiration!
15 years ago


















No comments:
Post a Comment