Thursday, November 1, 2007

Never a dull moment

So, I get a call from Michelle, the school nurse,(yes, we're on a first name basis) yesterday twenty minutes before school got out. She let me know that Tater Tot had fallen on the playground during recess and cut his lip and had some loose teeth. She was very concerned with the cut on his lip which she described as a "gash" and thought maybe he would need stitches. She was going to give him some ice and wait for one of us to arrive. I was at work and could not get there quick enough to save my life even if I had tried. This is one of those times I wish I had super powers like flying or wiggling my nose and teleporting myself wherever I wanted to be that immediate instant. Luckily, Hubby was at the house and he went down to assess the situation. Turns out he's fine. He's got a little chunk of lip missing (but nothing hanging) and probably could have been stitched but Daddy decided that since it had stopped bleeding that there was no need for a hospital visit. He will probably have a good scar - but he'll enjoy telling the story. The teeth that loosened up as a result of the fall are baby teeth and were already a little bit loose. The one on top is literally just hanging - but I am not allowed to touch it because it might require accidentally touching the lip - which is pretty big and sore right now. Drake kept making faces telling us he was "scary" for Halloween.

This is not the greatest picture because my video camera takes crappy still shots - but looking at it the cut is the dark area on the top on the right side where his lip is fat. You can't see the dangling tooth in this picture - nor would you want to is my guess!

He didn't want to go to school today because he didn't want anybody to laugh at him or look at it. I walked to class with him (in case I needed to take some rude kid out on the way there! LOL!). His teacher was so glad to see that he was okay. She said she saw it happen. He was running and fell and his head bounced off the edge of the slide. She said he hopped up and started running off to wherever he was previously headed like nothing had happened. She had him stop so she could check him out and she said he acted like nothing was wrong. He didn't want to go to the nurse at first but then started to feel the blood on his face and said he'd go.
He told us last night: "I was about to cry about it but then I was tough enough not to." I then told him that it's okay to cry, especially when we hurt, but he informed me he'd rather be tough. Can't argue with that, I suppose.

1 comment:

The Todds said...

Poor baby. Good thing he is a tough guy.

Join me in my quest to: