Thursday, August 18, 2011

Canvas wall art

A good friend and co-worker of mine is having a housewarming party in a few weeks. She's also having a baby in November, so she's got a lot going on in her life right now. This is the first item I have made to give her as a housewarming gift. They chose the Willow Organic baby collection from JC Penney for the new baby's room. It is quite possibly the cutest baby decor I have ever seen. And since it has an "outdoorsy" theme to it - it satisfied both her and her hubby. Because they are having a girl, they are also going to add pops of pink throughout the room to give it a "girly" touch.

When I was looking at her theme decor online I spotted these canvas wall hangings that you could also buy to accessorize. They were really cute but they were $34.99(on sale!). No way this cheap skate was going for that, so I decided "I can make that" and I DID!


Now, obviously they are not identical to the ones JC Penney sells - but I like them just the same, maybe even better! I purchased some boxed canvas from Joann.com, used some walnut spray paint I found in the shed, got some vinyl for the Cricut from Expressions Vinyl (they're the best!) and went to creating. I also found the "Give a Hoot" cartridge that had these fun little deer that looked very similar to the originals. I stole it on eBay for under $20!

I had so much fun making this project. Now, on to the others I have planned. Keep your fingers crossed that they turn out just as good (and that she's not reading this blog.) If you are, Beth, just act surprised!

2 comments:

Tracy P. said...

WOW! Those are darling, and super close to the originals. They will be much loved. Glad to see you blogging again, Tiffany!

The Todds said...

So stinkin' cute! Great job!!!!

Join me in my quest to: