Thursday, July 17, 2008

Book Review - River's Edge

I finished this book before I left and didn't have time to post it. This is the third book in the Cape Refuge series. And while you certainly do not have to read these in order it would help. There are no huge cliff hangers with these books. They do not leave you wanting to grab the next book to figure out "whodunit." Each story is self contained - although the characters do continue from book to book, adding some here and there.


I didn't figure this one out until right when she started to unfold it. I admire mystery writers' knack for being able to intertwine details so that you think you've narrowed it down to two suspects when, in fact, they have a twist in the road ready for you just when you think you're smart enough to have figured it out. I dream of being able to write like that.


Another great book if you're looking for some summer reads.

No comments:

Join me in my quest to: