Thursday, August 16, 2007

Deep philosophical thinking...

A little background before I start. Most of you know my dad has colon cancer. He also has an ileostomy bag which is connected to his small intestine which bypasses the large intestine because of the mass. Not to be too graphic, but he often eats cubed cheese(and various other things) to help thicken the liquid that goes into the bag - for obvious reasons. Drake found this quite fascinating on our recent Kentucky trip.

Now - onto the point of the blog.......
Last night Drake and I were praying. He had said his prayers and then I prayed that God would perform a miracle and heal my dad of his cancer. This, of course, made me a little emotional (For anyone who knows me well you know it doesn't take much to make me teary eyed - happy, sad, mad, indifferent, etc.)
Immediately upon my saying, "Amen" Drake pipes up and says...
"If God heals Papa 'Tucky then he won't have to eat so much cheese anymore. Because if he keeps eating too much cheese he's going to get constipated again. And that would be bad."

How does one so young think so deeply???

3 comments:

brokbak said...

From the minds of babes

papatucky

Jess said...

That is too funny...what a sweet kid.

Kelly in NC said...

I laughed out loud on that one. Did he ask "If Papa Tucky swallowed his favorite rubberband- where would it end up?" Because I think that would be a deep thought!
PS I am sending prayers your way too!

Join me in my quest to: