We had NO plans for the 4th of July this year - and, quite frankly, it was nice to not have to be anywhere at a certain time or do anything "spectacular." We just hung out at the house and did whatever we felt like - or didn't feel like, whatever the case may have been.
Drake had been across the street playing for a little while at his cousins' house and they invited us over at dark for some fireworks.

Audrey and Dakota with sparklers

Philip watching the sparklers. He was not happy that he could not do it himself. (He's almost 2)

Daniel and Drake with sparklers

Cowboy Thomas with sparklers
After the kids did the sparklers and Kenny had set off a few firecrackers, the "real" fireworks began. I captured a few good shots.


Philip, Drake and Daniel - They kept saying "Duck for cover"
every time a firework went off. (Don't worry - they were well away from harm! They were pretending they were in the civil war, actually!)


Happy (belated) 4th of July!
And thanks to all those who have and do make it possible for us to celebrate this day!
5 comments:
Looks like you had a great time! I didn't even get sparklers...no use trying to tell him how to hold it and the screamfest that will inevitably ensue because I won't let him hold it! My photographs of the fireworks were horrid because Jonathan kept pretending someone was shooting at Iron Man (himself).
I bet it was nice to get to relax. I love sparklers and it looks like you guys had a good night!
What a fun night. You did capture some good shots. Especially when you have no idea where they will actually explode up there in the dark.
cool!
♥
Joy
Great photos! Next year I will have to get out the tripod and catch some of the action.
Glad you had fun. Ours was also fairly low key, and a good time!
Looks like fun!!!! Darn sparklers...I always had a love/hate relationship with them. Around here they are actually illegal...crazy I know...so my kids have never had the priviledge. I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing...
Mrs. Nurse Boy
Post a Comment