
I forgot how much I enjoy Karen Kingsbury books. This is another one I found in the bargain barn at Barnes and Noble recently. The last two books of hers that I read were Even Now and Like Dandelion Dust. And holy cow were those good books! All I can say about those is grab your Kleenex before you sit down. Well, that's not all I could say - but it will help!
I find that each of her books is vastly different from the others. Her knowledge about the places, events, and situations that she writes about is extensive. I can't imagine the amount of time she spends researching each book's characters and their situations.
A Thousand Tomorrows is centered around the PRCA, Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association. I guess I didn't read anything about the book before I bought it or before I started reading it because that fact alone took me by surprise. But, if you like rodeoing, or even think you would like it, you will fall in love with the characters and find yourself fighting for them in their circumstances.


















4 comments:
I LOVE Karen Kingsbury!! Have you read the Redemption, Firstborn and Sunset series? They are great! Thanks for coming by my blog today with your kind words. I was a little concerned with my two posts today, but I believe it is my duty as a mother and a Christian. Your words made my day! Come back anytime! I will be back to see you!
Wow you are really whipping through these book lately, aren't you!
Oh I want to borrow this one! Please...
thanks for the comment. SCARY is definitely the right word.
I live in the same town as Karen Kingsbury. My mom has been to her home. My friend Beth is the "Beth" that the character in Dandelion Dust was named after. My mom and some other people bought the character naming at an auction for Beth. Cool gift huh!
Post a Comment