

We went to Steinhatchee this weekend on a fishing trip in the Gulf with our friends Chris and Sherry and their son C.J. Steinhatchee is about 3 hours from here around the "armpit" of Florida. We stayed at Gulf Coast Marina and Condos. (No - we didn't stay in a Condo, we stayed in Sherry's mom's 5th wheel that they have there at the Marina)
We all had a great time after I became intimate with the Dramamine. I usually don't have to take it when we go in the boat for some strange reason(which is odd since I sometimes get motion sickness just riding in a car); however, I've never been in the Gulf on our boat - or any other boat for that matter - so I should have known better! Luckily Sherry had brought some with her - and she was the lady of the hour who came to my rescue! Thank you, Sherry!!!!
We had great weather both days and I didn't turn into a lobster(which is what usually happens when I'm in the sun longer than 30 minutes). We were out on the water for the sunset Saturday night. It was beautiful! I love sunsets! I captured a couple of pictures of that you can see at the link below.
Fishing score - Boys: 6 (7 if you count the one that got away by jumping out of Jeremiah's hands as he was getting it in the boat) Girls: 0! Fisherman of the weekend: Drake - he caught 4 of the 6 fish!
We also saw a Jellyfish swim by our boat and 2 big stingrays. That was really cool! C.J. found a fiddler crab at the Marina and Drake and Dakota found a hermit crab on the dock.
You can see all the pix from our weekend trip including Drake's catches at http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=163127161/a=97585005_97585005/t_=97585005


















No comments:
Post a Comment